FermiMail: macOS - Configuring Mac Mail
This article is intended for users who need to configure Mac Mail to access their Fermilab email.
This article describes how to configure Mail app in macOS to access your Fermilab email account.
- Launch Mac Mail
- In the "Choose a Mail account provider" window, select Exchange and click Continue.
If you do not see the "Choose a Mail account provider" window, open "Mail" menu and then select Add account…. You will be presented the "Choose a Mail account provider" window. Select "Exchange" and click Continue.
- When prompted, enter your full name in the "Name" field and then your email address in the "Email Address" field but include "services" (i.e., [USER]@services.fnal.gov), and then click Sign In.
- When prompted to sign into your Exchange account, click Sign in. NOTE: Do NOT click Configure Manually.
- Type your name in the "Name" field, type in your email address and include "services" in the address (i.e., [USER]@services.fnal.gov), and then click Sign in.
- Depending on when you last logged in using multifactor authentication (MFA), you may be prompted to provide an RSA passcode. Enter your passcode and click OK. If you are unsure how to generate your passcode, please review "How to use RSA hardware token to generate a passcode" or "How to install and use RSA soft token to generate a passcode".
- Select the "apps" you want to sync with Fermilab's Exchange server and then click Done.