Mac “Self Service” User Guide
Users who wish to you the Fermilab "Self Service" app.
This user guide describes how to use the “Self Service” app on your Fermilab-owned centrally managed Mac computer. The “Self Service” app allows you to install:
- Apps from an internal app store that offers a list of Fermilab apps
- OS and security updates
- Application updates
1. To launch “Self Service”, click the “Self Service” icon in the Dock or from the Applications folder.
2. At the login screen, enter your SERVICES account user name and password, and click Log In.
NOTE: A list of frequently used links will be displayed on the left. If you click one of these links, it will open in Safari.
3. Once logged in, you will see the apps and updates that are available for install.
4. To install an app or update, click Install. (To view information about the app or update, click i.)
5. The installation will begin; you can see progress in the “Self Service” status bar.
When the installation is complete, the status bar will be blank.
6. To view recent downloads, click the “Show Downloads” button in the upper-right corner.
7. To log out from “Self Service”, click Log Out.