How to use Password Reset Tool to change or reset your passwords
Users who need to use the Password Rest Tool to change or reset their Services account password or FERMI domain password (Windows login).
This article provides instructions on how to use the Password Reset Tool to change or reset the following passwords:
- Services account password.
- FERMI domain password (Windows login).
NOTE: If you are using a Mac or Linux computer, you can change your Services password after the password is expired using the "kpasswd" command. Follow the instructions in this article.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
In order to use the tool:
1. You must have one of the following to use the Password Reset tool:
- RSA token - obtain by following these instructions
- YubiKey - reserved for employees who have access to the lab’s business or financial systems
- CILogon certificate – See instructions on how to get an import into your browser a CILogon certificate
- Kerberos ticket – See instructions on how to configure a browser to use Kerberos and how to use a Kerberos ticket
If you do not have any of these, you must either contact the Service Desk to change your password
2. You must first enroll each account in the Password Reset Tool. Once enrolled, you do not need to repeat this step.
- How to enroll your accounts
- How to add or change an alternative email address
- How to change your password
- How to change your security questions
- How to reset your FERMI Windows domain password
- How to reset your SERVICES account password
- How to change your password if it's expired