How to use the pilot search site
Fermilab employees, visitors and contractors
Computing has rolled out an enterprise search site at https://search.fnal.gov as a pilot. We are interested in your feedback to improve the site.
The pilot site provides a single location to conduct searches across the following Fermilab systems:
- Library Catalog
- Service Now knowledge base articles
- web.fnal.gov websites
Note: Internal and external WordPress and Indico sites results will be included in a future release.
- The search site may not render correctly in Internet Explorer 11 (IE11). Since IE11 will be retired by Microsoft for certain operating systems starting June 15, 2022, we recommend that you use the Edge browser instead.
- If you are offsite, you will need to connect to VPN first before you can use the search site.
1. Navigate to https://search.fnal.gov
2. You will be prompted to enter your SERVICES account username and password to log in.
3. If you want to restrict your search to just one system (e.g., searching for books using Library Catalog), select it from the pull-down list. The default is “Fermilab Content”.
Fermilab Content: The search result displays content across all available Fermilab systems.
All Content: The search result displays content across all available Fermilab system plus non-Fermilab Internet sites.
Library Catalog: The search result displays library catalog data, including images of catalog items.
INSPIRE: The search result displays INSPIRE data.
DocDB: The search result displays DocDB documents.
Service Now: The search result displays Service Now knowledge base articles
Fermipoint: The search result displays Fermipoint data.
web.fnal.gov: The search result display web.fnal.gov data.
People Search: The search result displays data related to Fermilab people.
4. Enter your search string and click the “Search” button.
Submitting feedback for the search site
1. Click the "Feedback" link in the top right corner.
2. Fill out the feedback form and click the "Send" button.